I love trying variety of sandwich recipes so wanted to try egg sandwich with the last few slices of bread I had.I always end up making sandwich with the last few leftover slices everytime we buy bread.Hope the day is not too far for me to make homemade bread, I have tried whole wheat bread quite a few times but yet to perfect it so haven't posted it here.
This is just my easy idea of making egg bhurji sandwich, you can feel free to modify it according to your liking.Hubby got me 2 wooden boards and these cute color bowls seeing my craziness for anything color color esp bowls :) so wanted to click using them the next day itself and sandwich was my choice.We had the sandwich with hot chocolate and it was such a yum breakfast.You can serve this an evening snack too.
Check out other sandwich recipes that I've posted so far:
Grilled Egg bhurji Sandwich Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Makes : 2 sandwiches
Bread - 4 slices
Egg - 2
Pepper powder - a generous pinch
Big Onion - 4 tbsp chopped roughly
Capsicum - 3 tbsp chopped roughly
Red Chilli powder - as required
Coriander powder - as required
Garam Masala powder - as required
Oil - 1 tbsp
Butter - to toast
Cheese - 1 tbsp grated (I used amul cheese cubes)
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
- In a mixing bowl add oil, red chilli,coriander,garam masala power and required salt.Then add onion,capsicum and mix well.
- Transfer onion capsicum mixture to a pan and fry for few mins till raw smell of the spices leave,Set aside.Then scramble eggs well, add salt and pepper powder,Set aside.
- Take bread slices.First take a heaped spoon full of scrambled egg and add it to a bread slice.On top of it add onion capsicum masala.
- Then add a spoon of grated cheese.Close with another bread slice.Apply butter generously on the bread slice.
- When the sandwich maker is preheated and ready, brush butter.Carefully transfer the bread to the sandwich maker, cook for 3-4 mins or until the bread slices have nice golden grill marks and is crisp.Cut and serve.
- If you don't have sandwich maker then just apply butter on both sides and toast it till golden on dosa tawa.
- Add more cheese if you prefer to get a gooey egg cheese sandwich.
- Do not overtoast onion capsicum, it should retain its crunch.
- Don't stuff too much then the stuffing will come out while getting toasted.
- I always apply butter on the top bread slice and grease the sandwich maker so that butter is there for toasting the bottom bread.
- I just made one sandwich for clicking sake, reserved the other for hubby , made it hot and served him for breakfast later.
Labels: grill sandwich, sandwich recipes