I love baking with oats and cookies are my weakness.Yesterday, I tried this oats choco chip cookies which turned out soo good that even mittu loved it.These cookies are crunchy and chewy perfect with a cup of coffee, truly my kind.
There are various reasons for me to decide on a recipe for a day.Sometimes it will be a planned one for mittus sake, or be it the hunger or temptation for a particular ingredient/recipe, or be it the request from friends, or sometimes to empty the stock of ingredients and sometimes a silly reason to click using some new bowls / plates.This time yes it is the last reason, I bought the pizza pan last week which I was searching for a long time but most of them I saw were very expensive so when I saw this in Spar supermarket which was a bit cheap I had no reason to leave behind so bought it at once.New things are to be used at once right?! atleast in my dictionary ;) so made these cookies using it :)
Other Oats Cookies Recipes:
Oats Cornflakes Cookies
Oats Almond Cookies
Choco Oats Cookies
Oats Raisin Tutti Frutti Cookies
Oats Savoury Crackers
Oats Choco Chip Cookies Recipe
Preparation Time:15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Makes:15 cookies
Oats - 3/4 cup
Wheat Flour(Atta) - 1/4 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Dark Chocolate Chips - 1/4 cup
Brown Sugar - 1/3 cup
Butter - 3 tbsp(Melt it after measuring)
Boiled Milk - 2 tbsp
Baking Soda - 1/8 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Take oats in a mixer and grind it to a coarse mixture.Transfer to a mixing bowl, add wheat flour.
- Add baking soda and salt,mix well.Take sugar in a mixer, powder it.Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl take butter and melt it,add powdered sugar and whisk it well.Then add vanilla essence.
- Add milk, whisk it well then add oats wheat flour mixture.
- Mix with your hands and bring it together, if it doesn't hold together add few drops of more milk, the dough will be sticky.Finally add choco chips and just mix with your finger tips.Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for 10mins, meanwhile chill the dough.
- Make small balls and flatten it using your palms, make it thinner or thicker according to your wish.I made it 1/4 inch thickness.Arrange the cookies on the cooking tray and bake it in preheated oven at 180 deg C for 20-25 mins or until the edges start to brown.If you slip over and see, if you see the golden brown color then the cookies are done.The cookies will look soft, after cooling down it will become crisp.
Cool down and then store in airtight container.Serve warm with a glass of milk or as a tea time snack.
- If the dough doesn't hold together then sprinkle few extra drops of milk.
- You can even add oats as such without powdering, mittu doesn't like textured cookies so for her sake I powdered it coarsely.
- These cookies are not very crisp they are chewy and crunchy as I wanted it that way.If you want more crispy cookies then flatten them very thin and bake for 15-20mins in total.
- The cookies seem to be soft when take out of the oven, but don't be tempted to overbake.After cooling down it will become crunchy.
- I baked it two batches and got around 15 cookies.
- If you don't have demerara sugar use normal white sugar.
- The timing depends on the cookie size and thickness.If you are making a slighter thicker cookie then it might take atleast 20-25mins to get baked fully, so adjust the timing accordingly.
- I used Quaker Oats, you can even use oatmeal.
Labels: Eggless Cookies, Oats Recipes