I have already posted sweet aval with jaggery
but this one is a very easy no cook version with sugar.This can be made in a jiffy and always comes to my rescue when hunger strikes adn I need to whip up something really quick.You can serve it with a glass of milk and it will be a filling combo, sure this sweet aval is a good alternate to cornflakes. I have grown seeing amma making this as kutti kutti balls so I too make it the same way, but you can have it as such too.
This can be a good breakfast and easily fit in your kids snackbox too, such a easy recipe for morning hurry burries.
Kids Breakfast Idea13 - Sweet Aval
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins
Poha(Aval) - 1 cup(I used brown aval)
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Coconut - 2 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
Raisins - 6 to 8(optional)
Cardamom powder - 1/8 tsp
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Click the links below to get the full recipe with stepwise pictures
Here is the kids breakfast menu 13:
Aval Urundai Jaggery Versions
Jaggery Sweet Aval
- Take aval in a bowl, rinse it well and soak in water for 5mins.Once it has absorbed the water and becomes soft, drain water.
- Squeeze it well with your hands so that there is no moisture.Now add sugar,coconut,ghee,raisins and cardamom powder.
- Mix well.Make small balls or you can eat it as such.
- You can use any variety of aval thick or thin but soaking time depends accordingly.I used brown aval this time.
- You can even add chopped nuts.
Labels: Kids Breakfast Series