Whole wheat cakes and muffins were always my dream though have tried quite a few times but have failed miserably.But when I saw this recipe, it tempted me so much seeing the texture so baked it the next day itself and believe me it was soo good that the lil one loved it so much.Even hubby who always complains about my whole wheat trials gave a thumbs up to this.I am sure this is going to be my keeper recipe for whole wheat bakes.
With no doubt I can say this is one of my best bakes so far especially with whole wheat flour.The muffins were not dense as it always happens with whole wheat bakes, with so less oil and no fatty ingredients I was awed by the outcome of these muffins, any one could easily fall for these healthy muffins.
Eggless Whole Wheat Muffins Recipe
Whole Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
Choco Chips * - 2 tbsp
Salt - a pinch
| Baking Time
: 25 mins
:10 medium sized muffins
| Recipe Cuisine
: Indian Reference
Wet Ingredients:Warm Water - 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup
Granulated White Sugar - 1/2 cup
Vinegar - 1/2 tbsp
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Olive Oil - 3 tbsp
Note : I used dark choco chips only for the leftover batter so used just 2 tbsp.If you are using for the full batter then use 1/3 cup
- Take whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt in a fine sieve.
- Sieve it well,Set aside.In a bowl of warm water add sugar to it.Whisk it well until it dissolves completely.
- Then add vanilla essence followed by olive oil.Whisk it well.
- Add vinegar and whisk it.Finally add the flour mixture and keep whisking.
- Whisk well so that there are no lumps, it should be a creamy batter.The batter will be little runny.Line muffin liners in your muffin pan and keep it ready.Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.
- Spoon the batter till 3/4 of the muffin liner and bake in preheated oven for 25-30mins ir until the top turns golden.I had leftover batter for second batch baking so added chocochips.Insert a tooth pick in the center to check, if it comes out clean then your muffins are done.
- Fill the muffin liner and bake in preheated oven for 25-30mins again.
Cool down then store.
- I used homemade whole wheat flour so it required little more water than mentioned.The orginal recipe calls for 1/2 cup water but I need 3/4th cup in total to get the desired consistency of the batter.It depends on the variety of whole wheat flour.You need to note that the batter should be flowing and little runny so adjust accordingly.
- You can even replace half and half of wheat flour and maida.
- You can use 1/2 tbsp lemon juice to replace vinegar.
- If you want to add choco chips to the whole batter then add 1/3 cup.
- I used dark choco chips so the muffins were apt in sweetness.If you are milk / sweet choco chips then reduce sugar a little may minus 1 or 2 tbsp.
- I got 10 medium sized muffins as my muffin liners were a bit small.
- You can even bake this cake in a cake mold / loaf pan in that case it may take more time to bake may be 35-40mins.
- Timing may vary..so plus or minus 5mins according to your oven.