I love the sweet chutney they serve along with samosa, it will be little runny and honey like in consistency. I always make sweet chutney
with dates which is thick but this time wanted to try a easy chutney also I didn't have dates in stock so just tried to replicate the samosa chutney.This was so tangy and yummy that it served as a best combo for the array of chaats that I made last week.It tastes good with any deep fried snacks.
Sweet Chutney Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Makes : 1/2 cup
Crushed Jaggery - 1/2 cup tightly packed
Tamarind - 2 heaped tbsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Water - as needed
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Soak tamarind in little water,just immersing level is enough.Crush jaggery and add 1/4 cup of hot water to it and mash it well with a laddle so that it dissolves easily.
- Then add soaked tamarind pulp to it and mix well.Now heat it up till it forms a honey like consistency, then add salt,jeera and red chilli powder.
- Look at the consistency it should be slightly sticky and honey like in consistency.At this stage switch off and strain using a metal strainer.Cool down the chutney and store it.
Refrigerate and use for chaats.
- You can refrigerate and use it whenever needed.It keeps well for atleast 15 days.Use a clean spoon everytime.
- Make sure you boil it well else there will be raw smell of tamarind.