This small potato fry is a very quick and easy recipe that I usually make for mittus lunchbox to accompany any rice dish or phulka.You can use this recipe either for baby potatoes or with normal potatoes.I usually make with the usual potatoes, slice them thin and toast in dosa tawa which I shared in Instagram
few weeks back.Seeing that few of my friends asked for the recipe and it is just a simple idea that I am sharing here, may be it will be useful for few atleast.Check out another potato fry recipe
that I posted earlier.
Small Potato Fry Recipe
Preparation Time:10 minutes | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Serves:1
Small Potato - 15
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Oil - 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Jeera Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - few
- Rinse baby potatoes well to get rid of dirt.Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles.Once pressure releases, peel off the skin and cut into halves only the pieces which you feel is too big.Carefully prick each potato with a toothpick, just few holes is enough.Set aside.In a mixing bowl, add all the spice powders along with salt and oil.
- Mix well.Now add the potatoes and give a quick mix.Let it to marinade for 15mins atleast.
- In a kadai - heat oil add mustard seeds and curry leaves,let it splutter.Then add the potatoes and saute for atleast 5-10mins in low flame till its fried well.If it sticks add little oil and keep sauteing.
Serve with rice / phulka!
- The number of whistles in cooker depends on the size of small potatoes and also ur cooker so adjust accordingly.
- I used my iron kadai to roast the potatoes and it worked best.
- You can even add a pinch of chat masala powder / jeera powder for extra zing.