Vanilla muffins are my family favorite esp mittu just loves them.Ever since she started to taste my cakes and muffins she always asks for vanilla flavour .She loves chocolate flavour as well but vanilla always scores a bit more than any other flavours.I saw this muffin recipe and atonce wanted to try but had no store bought thickish curd/yogurt so I decided to try with homemade curd itself with a doubt about the outcome.To my surprise, the muffins came out above my expectation, I am sure gona use this as base recipe for my muffins bakes in future too.
I loved the texture of the muffins and it stayed soft even for the next 2 days.This is sure one of the easiest and fluffiest muffins that I've baked so far.This tasted just like the bakery muffins both in taste and texture minus the eggy flavour.If you are looking for a easy, quick and soft muffin recipe then this will aptly fit the bill.
Eggless Vanilla Yogurt Muffins Recipe
Homemade Cake Flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/3 cup heaped
Thick Curd - 3/4 cup
Baking Powder - 2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Cooking Oil - 1 tbsp(I used olive oil)
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
| Baking Time
: 25 mins
:8 medium sized muffins
| Recipe Cuisine
: Indian |Reference
: Yummy Tummy
- In a mixing bowl, take curd, to this add oil.Then add vanilla essence.
- Mix it well.Then add sugar and whisk well till sugar completely dissolves.Add baking powder.
- Then add baking soda, you can see bubbles appearing in few seconds after it is added, this shows your baking soda is active.Finally add in the flour.
- Mix well.The batter will beVery thick as shown.Line muffin liners in the muffin pan and keep it ready.Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
- Scoop the batter and fill 3/4 th of the muffin liner.Bake in preheated oven for 25-30mins or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Cool down then store.
- These muffins are mildy sweet perfect for breakfast or with coffee.But if you prefer more sweeter muffins then I suggest to add 1/2 cup sugar.
- I used my icecream scooper to scoop the batter to have even sized muffins.
- You can use any flavouring of your choice.I choose to have it plain and simple with vanilla flavour.
- The muffins puff up so well so don't fill till the rim of the liners,just till 3/4 th will be perfect.
- If you want to add choco chips then add 1/4 cup.
- I got 8 medium sized muffins.
- You can even bake this cake in a cake mold / loaf pan in that case it may take more time to bake may be 35-40mins.
- Baking time mayVary..so plus or minus 5mins according to your oven.
- Use thick curd for best results.
- The top doesn't brown much so just check by inserting a toothpick after the mentioned time has reached.
- You can use any odourless cooking oil.I had olive oil so used it.
Labels: Eggless Baking, Eggless Cakes, eggless muffins