Coconut Rava Ladoo is a very quick and easy sweet that you can make for any ocassion.Gokulashtami is on Sep 5th 2015,Saturday so thought to post this easy rava ladoo recipe.I have already posted Rava Laddu Recipe
both ghee and milk version and this one is a variation with coconut flakes / dessicated coconut. I have always searched for dessicated coconut here but never found it, so last week when hubby showed me this at Nilgiris, with no hesitation took a pack of it and tried this Rava Coconut Laddo yesterday :) With the mild coconut flavour, this ladoo is an instant addiction for sure.
Check out other Ladoo Recipes:
Rava Ladoo Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Makes : 15 ladoos
Rava(Sooji) - 1/2 cup
Coconut Flakes(Dessicated Coconut) - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Melted Ghee - 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp
Cashews- 1 tbsp broken roughly
Raisins - 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Take sugar in a mixer, grind it to a fine powder,Set aside.Roast rava till nice aroma rises, don't let it brown.Switch off and cool down for a while.
- Transfer to a mixer jar and grind it a slightly fine powder.Measure coconut flakes and keep it ready.
- In a mixing bowl - take powdered sugar,rava and dessicated coconut and mix well.Chop cashews and keep it ready.
- Heat ghee, measure and keep aside.In the same pan fry raisins till it plumps up then fry cashews till golden brown.
- Add the fried nuts and raisins to rava mixture along with cardamom powder and mix well with a laddle.Now take ghee.
- Add little by little and keep mixing.Break the lumps and keep mixing.
- Shape them into small ladoos.Cool down and store in airtight container.
Keeps well for 5 days in room temperature itself!
- Adding hot ghee helps in rolling the balls tight.
- I usually don't add the entire ghee, add little by little so that we can have control over ghee.
- You can even add rava as such without grinding.
- If you don't get dessicated coconut, then use fresh coconut but roast it till slightly golden then add it.But ladoo using fresh coconut has less shelf life.
- You can even add half and half milk and ghee.But when milk is added rava becomes soft with ghee it is crisp always.
- The ladoo keeps well for 5-6 days in room temperature.
Labels: Easy Sweets, Gokulashtami Recipes, Sweets