Shrikhand Recipe with step by step pictures - Shrikhand is a very quick and easy dessert which grabs just few mins of your time when you have hung curd in hand.It is a rich and delicious dessert as well, So if you haven't planned for anything elaborate for Krishna Janmashtami this year, you can make this easy dessert even at the last minute.
Mittu loves anything with curd so this was sure a treat for her.I have already posted Mango Shrikhand
years back and now this Kesar Shrikhand adds on to our favourite list of desserts too.
Shrikhand Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 2 hrs | Cooking Time : 0 mins | Makes : 1 cup
Thick Curd - 2 cups
Powdered Sugar - 5 tbsp
Rose Essence - little less than 1/4 tsp
Saffron - 5 strands
Cardamom powder - 1/8 tsp
Pistachios - 4 chopped
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Take curd in a thin cloth and hang it for atleast 2 hrs for the water to drain completely.The curd should be thick with no excess water.
- Soak saffron in warm milk and set aside.Transfer hung curd to a mixing bowl, add powdered sugar,
- Whisk it well without any lumps.Then add cardamom powder,saffron milk and whisk well.
- Finally add rose essence and mix well.Refrigerate until serving time.Garnish with nuts of your choice and serve,
Refrigerate and serve chilled.
- Use thick curd to get more quantity of hung curd.
- Adjust sugar as per your preference.
- You can add a mix of chopped nuts of your choice.Mittu is not fond of nuts so I just garnished it.You can even mix it with curd.
- After refrigerating it becomes even more thick.
- Use curd that is not sour.
Labels: Desserts, gokuashtami recipes