Atta Halwa Recipe is one of the easiest sweet that you can make and my most favorite, I have tasted it only twice that too in restaurants. I have already tried godhumai halwa
using wheat flour few yrs back.Last month when hubby got dinner from Hotel Anandas, he also got wheat halwa for dessert.I tasted it and so loved it, the texture was smooth with ghee melting.After tasting it I remembered about this North Indian Version of atta ka sheera / atta halwa so googled for recipe and tried from here
.I was so excited and surprised as this atta halwa tasted exactly the same as the one I had from Anandas.I just tried with a small quantity but it gave nice volume than I expected.This atta halwa is very quick to make, and tastes delicious.
This atta halwa / atta ka sheera is very easy and quick to make so thought to include it in my Diwali 2015 recipes
Atta Halwa - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 25 mins | Makes : 3/4 cup
Wheat Flour(Atta) - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/2 cup + 1/8 cup
Ghee - 1/8 cup + 2 tsp
Cardamom powder - a tiny pinch
Almonds - 4 sliced thin
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
- Measure ghee and transfer it to a pan and heat it up.Just heat it up for few seconfs then add wheat flour and start roasting.
- Keep roasting for atleast 20mins(its better to keep an eye at the timing).Then add water(1/2 cup + 1/8 cup).
- You should be very quick now.Use a whisk and mix it well.It will get cooked very quickly and gather into a mass.
- Once everything gathers together without sticking, add sugar.
- The sugar will start to melt and the whole mixture will turn slightly goey.Keep stirring until it becomes shiny and leave the sides of the pan.
- Add remaining 2 tsp ghee, cardamom powder and give a quick mix.Finally add chopped almonds and switch off.
Serve hot / warm.
- Do not lose patience while roasting, that is the main step involved so keep roasting for 20mins in low flame.
- I switched off the flame while adding water, gave a quick whisk then switched on-this is to avoid lumps.If you are confident, then you can do this even with the flame on, I was trying to be extra careful ;)
- Do not reduce ghee else the halwa will become sticky and will not yield the perfect taste and texture.
- You can even fry cashews in ghee and add it.
Labels: Diwali Sweets, diwali sweets recipes