Cashew Murukku is the one of best murukku recipes that I tried this year.Ever since I saw this cashew murukku recipe in Nithis space, I've been wanting to try and glad that I tried this year atleast.This murukku is quite addictive and has a melt in the mouth texture with the flavour from cashews that anyone will easily fall for it.Even Mittu who is not fond of eating cashews as such loved this murukku.
Cashew Murukku Recipe - Ingredients
Rice flour / Idiyappam Flour- 1 cup
Cashew - 20 whole cashews(around 1/4 cup)
Ghee - 1 tbsp(in room temperature)
Salt - for taste
Oil - for deep frying
: 10 mins
| Cooking Time
: 25 mins
: 1 and 1/2 cups
| Recipe Cuisine
: South Indian
| Recipe Reference
- Measure cashews and soak it in hot water for atleast 15mins.Transfer to mixer with the water and grind it to a fine paste.
- In a mixing bowl take rice flour, add cashew paste,ghee and required salt.Mix well with your hands.Now add water little by little.
- Gather together to form a smooth non sticky dough.Grease the murukku press and use the murukku press(I used the thenkuzhal mould).Now fill the murukku press with dough.Heat oil - and press in concentric circles directly in oil.Do not overcrowd.
- Turn and cook till slightly golden.Once the shh sound ceases remove them and drain in tissue paper.Break it roughly or you can keep them as whole murukku too.
Serve with tea.
- Regulate flame and cook, do not cook in high flame.
- I used store bought Idiyappam Flour.You can use homemade rice flour too.
- You can add 1/4 tsp sesame / jeera for extra flavour.
- You can add 1/4 tsp chilli powder if you prefer.
- I used my kutti kadai for frying as I made very small quantity.
- Measure ghee in room temperature, no need to melt it.
- If you are making in larger quantity keep the dough closed to avoid from drying.
- If the dough becomes too watery adjust by dusting little rice flour if its too tight sprinkle little water and mix to get the perfect dough.
- I used my thenkuzhal murukku press mould.You can even use star press if you like.
- You can either make swirl murukku or uthiri murukku as per your preference.