I love Tomato Soup Recipe and it was the only soup that I used to order in restaurants if I am starting with soups which is a very rare.Adding beets gives a nice deep red color to the soup.Now the climate demands some hot soups with bread and this will be perfect for the weather.I made some bread croutons
to pair up with tomato soup which is a match made, mittu loves soup just for the croutons sake.
Tomato Soup Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Tomatoes - 4 medium sized
Beetroot - a small piece
Garlic - 2 cloves roughly chopped
Bayleaf - 1/2
Cinnamon - 1/4 inch piece
Cornflour - 1/2 tsp mixed with 1 tbsp of water
Fresh Cream - 2 tsp
Pepper Powder - as needed
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Soup | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Take tomatoes, garlic,cinamon,bayleaf,cloves and a small piece of beetroot along with a cup of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Discard bayleaf,cinnamon and cloves.Now using a blender/mixer give a quick blend.Strain using a strainer.
- Now heat up the filtered tomato pulp, simmer for about 5mins.Add required salt.Mix 1/2 tsp cornflour with a tbsp of water to a runny paste.Add this mixture to the boiling soup.Mix well and simmer till the soup becomes slightly thick.
- Add fresh cream, give a quick mix,let it simmer for 5more mins, finally add pepper powder and switch off.
Serve hot with a generous sprinkle of pepper powder.
- You can add little milk if you like.
- Fresh cream gives nice flavour to the soup.
- Use freshly ground pepper powder.
- Add a pinch of sugar if you want a slightly sweet taste.
- I used bangalore tomatoes, you can even use country tomatoes but gives a tangy taste.