Few months back I planned to make baby corn gravy with chapathi for mittus lunchbox as she loves the combo.But to my luck there was no tomato and I check it only morning,then came the idea of making malai baby corn sabji which I shared in instagram
adding little peas with it.I was little doubttful whether she would like it as she is always reluctant to try new dishes.To my surprise, the lunchbox returned back empty and I was happy to hear that she loved the subji....So made it again and clicked it to share with you all.You can make many variations with it,please check my notes.
Check out more baby corn recipes
Baby Corn Malai Subji Recipe
Preparation Time:10 minutes | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves:2
Baby Corn -13
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/2 tsp
Onion - 1/4 cup finely chopped
Fresh Cream - 3 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp chopped
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Deep Fried Version:Oil - 2 tsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
- Rinse babycorn,trim both the edges and pressure cook for 3 whistles.Cut into slightly medium slices,Set aside.Heat oil - add jeera let it splutter.
- Then add ginger garlic paste.Then add chopped onion, add the masala powders and required salt.
- Saute for 2mins then add fresh cream,mix well and let the gravy boil in low flame.
- Now add baby corn.Simmer and cook for 3mins.Finally garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can add baby corn along with the gravy and cook.But I prefer pressure cooking to fasten the process.As an alternate you can even deep fry baby corn and add it to the gravy.
- Adding fresh cream gives slight sweet taste so adjust spices accordingly.
- You can replace baby corn with any vegetable of your choice or even paneer.
- The spice powders are your preference.Adjust to your liking.
Labels: Baby Corn Recipes