I saw this Eggless Butterless Chocolate Cookies a while back and had bookmarked it.When I was looking for cookies to post for Christmas I remembered this recipe and also I had no butter in stock so these cookies were perfect to bake.I loved the texture a lot and with the chocolate flavour it was just yum..kids will love it for sure.The taste is more like chocolate fudge but crisp.
This is perfect to gift for this christmas season.
Chocolate Glaze Cookies - Ingredients
Maida - 1 cup
Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
Cooking Oil - 1/3 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
: 5 mins
| Cooking Time
: 15 mins
: 30 cookies
| Recipe Cuisine
: South World Reference
Icing Sugar - 1/4 cup
Coco powder - 1 tbsp
Color Sprinklers - as needed
- Measure flour and add it to mixing bowl..Add powdered sugar and baking soda.
- Measure cocoa powder and add it to the mixing bowl.Whisk it well.
- Then add cooking oil and milk.
- Mix well to form a smooth dough.Do not knead it, just bring it together with your finger tips.You can pinch small balls slightly flatten else roll out to 1/8 inch thickness and cut using cookie cutter.I used my circle and square cutters.Lay butter paper or baking sheet on the baking tray.Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.Cool down completely.
- Take icing sugar,coco powder in a pan, add water.
- Heat it up and keep mixing till a runny sauce consistency is reached.Cool down.Then dip each cookie in the glaze.
- Like this and place it in butter paper.Else spoon the glaze and pour over each cookie.Sprinkle color sprinklers.Let it to dry.
Keeps well for about 2 weeks in room temperature itself!
- The cookies spread out slightly while baking so leave enough space between each cookie.
- You can even bake these as simply chocolate cookies without glaze in that case, add 3/4 cup sugar.I reduced sugar because of the glaze.
- The cookies will not be smooth on top.
- My cookie cutters are very small so got around 25 cookies.
- I used Weikfield coco powder for the cookies and Hersheys for the glaze.No reason in specific just that I had exactly 1/4 up weikfield coco powder which I wanted to empty.
- No need to refrigerate the dough, it will be moist only.
- The cookies are crisp.
- Do not be tempted to overbake just 10-12mins will be just fine.It will be soft when taken out of the oven after cooling it will be crisp.