After trying Jam Tarts last Christmas, I wanted to try some tart recipe as mittu loved it when I made Jam Tarts.So last summer when I had extra few strawberries I made this Strawberry Tart.I used the tart recipe from Divyas space and piped a simple straberry filling...guess what it got over in no time.
It is totally disheartening to hear about Chennai...had been trying to call friends and relatives to enquire about their well being since yesterday.Lets pray that the rain should stop soon and everything gets back to shape again.All you guys in Chennai, stay safe, all our prayers are with you!
Strawberry Tarts Recipe - Ingredients
Maida - 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar - 1 tbsp
Baking powder - 1/8 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Butter - 40 gms
Ice cold water - 2 tbsp
: 15 mins
| Cooking Time
: 20 mins
: 8 mini tarts
| Recipe Cuisine
|Recipe Reference : Divyascookbook
For the strawberry filling:Hung Curd - 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar - 1/4 cup
Strawberry puree - 1/4 cup
- Take maida in a bowl, add salt,baking powder and sugar to it.Whisk it well.Now add butter.
- Rub it with your fingers,It will look more like breadcrumbs.Now add few drops of water and bring it together to form a soft nonsticky dough.Cling wrap it and refrigerate it for atleast 30mins
- Take the dough from the fridge and roll it slightly thin and even to about 1/4inch thickness , cut small squares slightly bigger than your tart moulds.Prepare your tart moulds, brush it well with melted butter.Set aside.Lay the dough on the tart mould.
- Trim the extras and line it well.Now scrap the remaining dough and repeat the process till the entire dough finishes.
- Now the tart moulds are neatly lined.Arrange it in a baking tray and prick each tart using a fork.Preheat oven at 180 deg C.Bake n preheated oven at the same temperature for 12-15mins or until the edges are golden.
- Meanwhile prepare your filling.Take hung curd in a mixing bowl, add powdered sugar whisk well.Then add strawberry puree and whisk it well for 2-3mins.
- Cool down the tarts completely.Spoon the mixture into the piping bag / piping container.Now pipe the mixture in swirls inside the tarts.Sprinkle edible color sprinklers.
Cool down and store in airtight container.
Rich buttery flaky melt in the mouth tarts ready...So how many are ready to join me? :)
- Pricking with a fork is a must to avoid puffing up.
- You can use this tart recipe as a base and make any filling of your choice like chocolate sauce / or any savory filling.
- When the edges start to turn golden then the tarts are done.Don't overbake.
- While rolling if it sticks dust flour but don't overdo.
- Make sure to roll thin else your tarts will become chewy.
- Do not overdo while kneading the dough, just bring it together and knead it once.
- These tarts keep well even for a week but store in airtight container.
Labels: Eggless Baking, Tarts