Last week when I went to Nilgiris I saw packs of Butterscotch chips and that reminded me of mittus sudden craze for butterscotch flavour so with no further thoughts got a pack of it and picked up the essence too.I have already tried Butterscotch Cake that was with eggs
so thought to try a eggless version.I wanted to put it simple so repeated the same recipe that I tried already with minor modifications.,the cake came out so soft, I shared it with mittus friend and they loved it too and asked for the recipe.
You can see how soft the cake is.Cool down completely before slicing.
Eggless Butterscotch Cake Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 50 mins | Makes : 1 loaf cake
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: World
Maida - 1 and 1/2 cups
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Butterscotch Chips - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Oil - 1/8 cup
Melted Butter - 1/8 cup
Butterscotch Essense - 1 tsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Thick Curd - 1/2 cup
Vinegar - 1 tbsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Measure and take maida and baking powder in a mixing bowl,whisk it well.Set aside.In another mixing bowl take sugar.
- Add water,oil and melted butter.
- Then add butterscotch essence.Whisk it well and stir till sugar dissolves completely, set aside.
- Now take thick curd in another mixing bowl,add baking soda and vinegar to it.
- Wait till it becomes frothy.Now add this to oil-water-sugar mixture(Mix 2).Whisk well.
- Now add flour little by little and keep whisking.
- Whisk well so that there are no lumps, it will form a creamy flowing batter.Now coat butterscotch chips with a tsp of flour and then add(I forgot it but recommend coating with flour to avoid sinking to the bottom).
- Mix once with a spatula.Now grease the loaf pan with oil,then sprinkle flour and tap off the excess flour.Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Top with butterscotch chips and Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C for 45-50 mins or until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean , you can also see the golden top.Cool down completely atleast for 30mins then invert to demould.After that leave for 30mins,then slice.
Cool down and store in airtight container.
- The only mistake I did was : I forgot to coat the chips with flour so most of the chips sinked to the bottom.So I highly recommend mixing butterscotch chips with a tsp of flour.
- The batter is not advisable to rest, just mix and bake it immediately.So plan it accordingly such that you bake the entire batter in a single batch.
- You can add any chopped nuts of your choice.
- I used homemade yogurt.
- You can replace butterscotch essence with vanilla essence if you prefer.
- Use active baking soda which shows by foaming up immediately when you add it to curd.