Mushroom Paratha is my recent try.The only way to make mittu eat veggies is by means of stuffing in parathas.She runs miles away when I say mushroom so I tried this mushroom paratha and told her its paneer paratha and to my surprise she loved it and I started making it regularly...So thought to share this recipe with you all.
You can check out other paratha recipes here
Mushroom Paratha Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 5 mins per paratha | Makes : 5 parathas
Wheat Flour - 1
Cleaned Button Mushroom - about 10
Big Onion - 2 tbsp finely chopped
Garlic - 3 tsp finely chopped
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Roasted Jeera Powder - 1/2 tsp
Pav Bhaji Masala powder or Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped
Salt - to taste
Oil/ Ghee - to toast
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- In a wide mixing bowl add wheat flour, salt and first give a quick mix for salt to be even. Then add water little by little, gather to form a soft pliable dough.The dough should not be too tight or too loose, it should be non sticky at this stage.Allow it to rest for a while until we prepare the stuffing.Chop mushrooms fine,Set aside.In a pan heat oil - add jeera, let it splutter.
- Add chopped garlic,saute till golden.Add onion saute till transparent.Then add chopped mushroom.
- Saute for 2 mins.Add the spice powders and cook until the mixture becomes dry.Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well , switch off and set aside to cool.Now pinch 2 small lemon sized balls , Flour the surface and roll the dough like a thin chapathi.
- Spoon the mushroom suffing may be 2-3 tsp on one chapathi.Now place another chapathi on it and seal it by pressing the edges.Press it well with your hands so that the stuffing is even on all sides.Then roll into slightly thin parathas as per your preference, dust flour then and there to avoid sticking.
- Heat a dosa pan and carefully transfer the paratha, drizzle oil / ghee .Once it starts to bubble on one side,Flip over to other side and cook till brown spots appear here and there.It will start puffing up when we press it.Cook well on both sides.
Serve hot with any pickle of your choice or with curd!
- The spices are mild here if you want you can add a little more to make it spicy.
- Roll your parathas thick or thin as you like it.But I prefer it thin as we are going to stick 2 chapathis together.
- You can even make as normal stuffed parathas by keeping the stuffing in the middle and rolling it.
- While making parathas always keep the flame in medium high and keep adjusting so that the parathas cook perfectly and soft too.