Sweet Corn Rice is an easy and quick one pot meal that you make for gettogether or for kids lunchbox.It is mittus favorite and I pack it for her atleast once a month, I make the same recipe with mixed vegetables too.I pack this sweet corn rice for her lunchbox and make corn pulao
for our lunch.I paired it up gobi masala
Sweet Corn Rice - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Basmati Rice - 1/2 cup
Boiled Sweet Corn - 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Big onion - 1 small sized finely chopped
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp
Water - 2 cups
Coriander leaves - 2 tsp finely chopped
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Oil - 2 tsp
Butter - 1/2 tbsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Bayleaf - 1
Cinnamon - 1/4 inch stick
Cloves - 2
Star Anise- 1/2
- Soak basmati rice for atleast 15mins then pressure cook with 2 cups of water for 3-4 whistles.Fluff the rice and set aside,Check this post for cooking fluffy basmati rice.In a pan(I used my pressure pan) heat oil + butter - add the items listed under 'to temper', let it splutter.
- Then add ginger garlic paste,saute for few mins then add onion and saute till transparent.Then add required salt,pepper powder and garam masala powder.Fry well.
- Then take boiled sweet corn, add it and saute for 2mins.Then add cooked rice and cook covered for 3mins in low flame.
- Toss well, garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
Serve hot / warm!
- Soaking rice helps in cooking faster and gives a nice fluffy texture.
- I used my ultra pressure pan to cook.You ca use nonstick pan or any heavy bottomed pan.
- Take care to add the spice powders only after the raw smell of onion gg paste leaves.
- This rice is very mild and less spicy.You can play with spice as you prefer.
- If you are making it for kids then add the tempering spices(except jeera) while cooking rice, once cooked discard the spices.
- You can use frozen corn too, I used fresh corn here.
- You can also make this with leftover rice.
Labels: Sweet Corn Recipes