Chilli Baby Corn is a great starter, It can be served as a sidedish for fried rice.If you are serving it with any fried rice you can make it gravy kind, if served as starter make it dry or semi saucy as per your preference.Manchurian / Chilli Recipes are hubbys favorite so I make it quite often :
Check out more recipes already posted :
Baby Corn Chilli Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Side dish / Starter | Recipe Cuisine: Indo Chinese
For the batter :
Baby Corn - about 15
Cornflour - 3 tbsp
Maida - 2 tbsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - to toast
Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
Big Onion - 1/4 cup chopped lengthwise
Green Chilli - 1 chopped finely
Spring onions(white part)- 1 tsp white part
Capsicum - 1/3 cup chopped lengthwise
Garlic - 1 tsp chopped finely
Soya sauce - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Sauce - 1/2 tsp
Tomato Sauce - 1 tbsp
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Spring onions(green part)- 2 tbsp green part
- Boil water, switch off and add Baby Corn to it and cook for 5mins.Then cut them into strips.
- In a mixing bowl take cornflour,maida,pepper powder and salt.Add little water to make a smooth paste.
- Get all your ingredients ready.Dip baby corn strips into it and fry it in a pan with little oil.You can deep fry it too.
- Drain it in tissue paper and set aside.Heat oil in a pan - add green chillies,garlic and spring onion white part and saute for 2mins then add onion, saute for a while till its transparent then add capsicum and saute for few mins.
- Then add toasted baby corn along with sauces(tomato sauce,chilli and soya sauce).Add pepper powder.
- Give a quick toss. Garnish with spring onions green part, give a quick mix and serve hot.
Serve hot with any fried rice of your choice or just as a starter.Serve immediately before it becomes soggy.
- Don't skip spring onions as it gives a nice flavour.
- Adding onions is purely optional, you can skip that too.
- Chilli sauce and soy sauce forms the base for any Chilli.
- The consistency is purely your choice, you can make it saucy / dry.
- Always serve hot as it may turn soggy when resting time is given.
- Make sure not to saute the veggies for a long time in the sauce as the veggies need to be crunchy.
- Dont add more soya sauce than the mentioned amount else it will change the taste and make the Chilli more darker in color.
Labels: Baby Corn Recipes