I love stuffed parathas, mittu is not good at eating veggies so I stuff many vegetables and give in the form of parathas.Capsicum paratha is best when had hot, yummy with pickle and curd.You don't even need any sidedish for it.
I used coloured capsicum so it was so cute and colourful,kids will love it for sure.
Capsicum Paratha Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 20 mins | Cooking Time : 5 mins per paratha | Makes : 5 parathas
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Capsicum - 1/2 cup chopped
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Roasted Jeera Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - a tiny pinch
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil / Ghee - to toast
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- In a wide mixing bowl add wheat flour, salt and first give a quick mix for salt to be even. Then add water little by little, gather to form a soft pliable dough.Once it is gathered to a mass add 1/2 tsp oil and knead it once.The dough should not be too tight or too loose, it should be non sticky at this stage.Allow it to rest for a while until we prepare the paratha stuffing.
- Take capsicum in a bowl - add the spice powders along with required salt.Mix well.
- Slide the bowl and strain the excess water.Now pinch a lemon sized ball , Flour the surface and roll the chapathi dough slightly thicker.Add a heaped spoon full of capsicum.
- Gather the dough from all sides like shown below.Seal it completely, flip over and press it well with your hands so that the stuffing is even on all sides.
- Then roll into slightly thin parathas as per your preference, dust flour then and there to avoid sticking.Heat a dosa pan and carefully transfer the paratha, drizzle oil / ghee .Once it starts to bubble on one side,Flip over to other side and cook till brown spots appear here and there.Cook well on both sides till golden brown.
Serve hot with any pickle of your choice or with curd!
- The spices are mild here if you want you can add a little more to make it spicy.
- You can even use grated cheese along with capsicum for kids.
- It was a bit challenging to roll without the stuffing coming out so made thick mini parathas.
- Roll your parathas thick else the capsicum will come out.
- While making parathas always keep the flame in medium high and keep adjusting so that the parathas cook perfectly and soft too.
- These parathas tastes best when had hot.