I always love experimenting different Choco Chip Cookie Recipes.I have already posted 2 eggless versions of choco chip cookies so this time wanted to try a version with eggs.I kept searching and finally this one was apt for me.These cookies are soft slightly crunchy but not chewy perfect with a cup of milk.This is going to be my keeper recipe.
Even before the oven arrived, I made up my mind to try this Choco Chip Cookies first in my new Marvello 35 ltr
oven as somehow I feel baking cookies easy and comfortable.I was so excited to see the perfect spread out cookies which I shared in my Instagram feed
.I didn't find any difficulty as everything in the oven is marked neatly with pictures that its easy to understand and use too.Also as its uses convection method the cookies were cooked evenly as you can see.
Choco Chip Cookies Recipe - Ingredients
Maida - 3/4 cup + 1/8 cup
White Granulated sugar - 1/4 cup
Demerara sugar - 1/8 cup
Unsalted Butter - 4 tbsp (1/4 cup tightly packed)
Egg - 1/2 *
Chocolate chips - 1/3 cup
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
: 15 mins
| Baking Time
: 15 mins
: 13 big cookies
| Recipe Cuisine
Note* : I whisked an egg, measured in weighing scale and took half
- Take butter in a pan , just heat it for few seconds when it starts to melt, switch off and set aside for it to melt completely but the color shouldn't change.Cool down completely.then transfer to mixing bowl - add demeraara sugar.
- Add white sugar.Whisk it well using a hand beater for 1 minute.
- Now add vanilla essence, egg and whisk again for 10 seconds, do not overdo.
- Now add 3/4 cup flour and beat again just till it comes together.Now the cookies dough is ready.
- It will be a little goey at this stage.Now add remaining 1/8 cup flour and mix with a spatula.Now add choco chips.Preheat oven to 170 deg C for 10mins.
- Just bring together.If you still find it goey keep in fridge for 30mins then start rolling them.I used my 1 tbsp measuring spoon to measure each ball to get uniform sized cookies.Meanwhile roll them using your palm and slightly flatten them - if you want more thinner cookies flatten them thin. I wanted a bit thicker so made it like this.Stud few choco chips on it.
- Line a butter paper in the baking tray and arrange the cookies.Bake the cookies for 10-12mins. If its thinner keep an eye at 10mins itself. Turn over to check the browning at the backside as the front view may mislead you to bake longer.Cool on wirerack then store in airtight container.
Serve with milk for snack time.
- The cookies spread out so leave spacing while arranging to bake.
- Melt butter just to make it in liquid form, do not overdo.
- The cookie dough should not stick to your hands, if it does then add little more flour.
- The quantity of flour to be added extra may vary, so add little by little until it forms a nonsticky cookie dough.
- I recommend adding fine white sugar or powdered sugar so that its easy to dissolve.
- The number of cookies depends on the size and thickness of cookies.
- Do not be tempted to overbake, the cookies will become harder.So check the backside if you are not sure whether its baked.
- This cookie dough can be freezed, just cling wrap it and store in freezer.When you want the cookies, just leave the dough in room temperature for sometime then roll it and bake them.
- You can make smaller cookies too.
- I whisked an egg, then measured in weighing scale to half it.