The other day I made butterscotch pudding
which mittu liked very much,So thought to try this as popsicles.I was in such a hurry to click the pictures of this popsicle as mittu was at the back of me waiting for the popsicles, so didn't want her to wait long so finished the shoot quickly and gave her the popsicles,She just loved it.
I really don't know where time flies, its just too tight these days.I feel like taking a break and running away from regular routine...hope hubby hears me :) With the minion's arrival,things have totally changed, feel like going on a roller coaster ride every day...somehow managing to click and post.Now that both the kids are sleeping I got some time for me, what else can I think off when I get free than to blog so here comes this post :)
This popsicle is creamy though it has crystals here and there tastes yum! I an trying to replacing white sugar with cane sugar where ever possible and here it worked like a charm.
Butterscotch Popsicle Recipe
Preparation Time:8 hrs | Processing Time : 10 mins | Makes:4 popsicles
Hot Milk - 2 and 1/2 cups boiled
Cane Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cornflour - 1 tbsp
Butterscotch Chips - 2 tbsp
Butterscotch Essence - 1/4 tsp
Recipe Category: Popsicles | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Take milk in a pan,add cane sugar to it.Whisk it well so that the sugar gets dissolved fully.
- Strain to remove impurities.Set aside.Take 1/4 cup milk from that and add cornflour to it.
- Mix well without any lumps,Set aside.Heat the remaining milk,when it starts to boil,add cornflour mixture.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken like it should coat the laddle.It should be pourable not spoonable, don't let it to thicken more just a creamy milk consistency.Cool down completely.Meanwhile powder butterscotch chips.
- Add it to milk mixture,then add butterscotch essence.Whisk well.
- Take your popsicle mould and rinse it well.Fill the milk to 3/4th of the popsicle mould,close it with a lid or wrap with cling film and insert icecream sticks.Freeze for atleast 8 hrs or overnight.Next day take it out and carefully show the outer surface under running tap water.Carefully pull out the popsicles.
- Dont have a popsicle mould?! dont worry use disposable plastic cups or even thick paper cups cling wrap aluminium foil and us icecream sticks and freeze it.It demoulds easily or you can even cut the cups to get the popsicles out.
- You can replace cane sugar with normal sugar too.
- Make sure to cool down the mixture completly before adding it to the mould.
- Freezing for atleast 8 hrs is required but I kept it overnight.
- For easy demoulding - show the popsicle moulds in warm water, then pull the stick out slowly to get the ice pops clean.