This semiya paal ice was in my to try list since last year. Last summer I posted Paal Ice
so this year decided to try this semiya paal ice(vermicelli popsicles).Last weekend made these popsicles for aftermeal dessert and we all enjoyed it.The only complaint I had was you should have made more :) Yayyy!!
This popsicles come put very creamy that you will feel like eating icecream so what are you waiting for?! Try this popsicles for summer and treat your kids! :) I liked it plain without any flavouring,I made vanilla flavoured for mittu as she wanted it.
Semiya Paal Ice Recipe
Preparation Time:8 hrs | Processing Time : 10 mins | Makes:4 popsicles
Full Cream Milk - 2 cups
Semiya - 1/8 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder / Vanilla Essense - 1/4 tsp(optional)
Recipe Category: Popsicles | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Dry roast semiya till golden in low flame.Then add milk and cook semiya until done.
- When the vermicelli becomes soft, add sugar and simmer for few more mins until it becomes thick and creamy.
- Cool down and it becomes even more thick.Spoon the mixture into your favorite popsicle mould till 3/4th.Cover with aluminium wrap, prick with knife , insert icecream sticks and freeze for atleast 8 hrs.Then carefully show the bottom part in running tap water, set aside undisturbed for atleast 2-3mins then slowly remove the popsicles.
- Dont have a popsicle mould?! dont worry use disposable plastic cups or even thick paper cups cling wrap aluminium foil and us icecream sticks and freeze it.It demoulds easily or you can even cut the cups to get the popsicles out.
- After pouring the mixture, give a stir with a spoon which I forgot to do, so the vermicelli went and settled down more at the bottom.
- There can be many variations to this semiya paal ice, you can add a tsp of vanilla essence to get vanilla flavour or crush few saffron strands and add it.If you like cardamom flavour then add a pinch of cardamom powder.You can even add rose milk essence.
- Make sure to cool down the milk mixture completly before adding it to the mould.
- Freezing for atleast 6 hrs is required.
- For easy demoulding - show the popsicle moulds in warm water, then pull the stick out slowly to get the ice pops clean.
- Do not add sugar before vemicelli gets cooked.