I make baby corn 65 every now and then but I usually tawa toast
it while making baby corn 65 rice
or as a starter.But this time I just wanted to make it the restaurant style so here is the deep fried version.I am sre kids will love baby corn, check out other baby corn recipes here
Baby Corn 65 - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 30 mins | Serves : 2
Baby Corn - 8 small
Chat Masala powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - to deep fry
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
To be made into a batter:Maida - 2 tbsp
Rice Flour - 2 tbsp
Corn Flour - 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice - 1/4 tsp(optional)
Curd - 3 tbsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Cooking soda - 1/8 tsp
Salt- to taste
- Trim the edges and slice the baby corn as shown.Chop them into small pieces.Mine was fat so slit them again vertically to have thin strips.In a mixing bowl add the ingredients listed under 'to be made into a batter'.I used Kasmiri red chilli powder to get a bright red color.
- Sprinkle little water, Mix well to make a slightly thick flowing paste.Add lemon juice.Now add the cut baby corn pieces.
- Coat it well on all sides.Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry them until golden.
- Look at the color, this is the right stage to remove.Drain in tissue paper.
- Sprinkle chat masala powder.Fry curry leaves and add to it.Toss it well.
- If you prefer toasting in tawa, then pressure cook baby corn for a wshitle and then proceed,
- Don't make the batter too thick, we just need to coatr baby corn.If you make it thin then it will coat.
Labels: Baby Corn Recipes