I saw this orange cake in the eggless baking book I have and tried it from there with few adjustments in measurements.I tried it as a mini bundt cake, you can try as muffins or even as a cake.The cake tastes good on its own but I wanted to try chocolate sauce
as I've read and heard that orange-chocolate combo is a winner and yes it was!
I am going crazy after my mini bundt pans and mittu is fond of mini bundt cakes too :)
Eggless Orange Mini Bundt Cake Recipe
Preparation Time:15 mins | Baking Time : 15 mins | Makes:8 muffins Recipe Category: Cakes | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Maida - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1/8 cup + 1 tbsp
Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup heaped
Baking Soda - 1/8 tsp
Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
Orange Juice - 1/4 cup
Orange Zest- 1/4 tsp
Milk - 1/4 cup(Boiled and Cooled)
- Beat butter and sugar together until creamy..Whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda together and set aside.
- Add milk to butter mixture,whisk it well then add flour mixture.Whisk it well without any lumps.
- Then add fresh orange juice and whisk to form a smooth creamy flowing batter.Then orange zest, give a quick mix.Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.
- The batter will be flowing but spoonable.Grease your pan with oil.
- Spoon the batter into the bundt pan till 3/4th of the center stick.Bake in preheated oven for 12-15mins or until the top turns golden.Cool down for few mins then slowly invert and remove the cakes.
Serve as a snack!
- I halved the recipe and got around 8 mini bundt cakes.
- Timing depends on the pan you use and the oven type too,so keep an eye after 12mins.
- The cake rises well so don't fill more than 3/4th else it will overflow while baking.