This rice cereal is ideal for babies from their 5th month itself.Rice is the ideal first grain to be introduced for babies starting with solids.As rice helps in easy digestion and is less allergic, you can start this for your baby as the first solid food.
I started this for gugu only after 6 months but have my friend who started in 5th month itself so sharing it here.I just made 1/4 cup and that will sure last atleast for 2 months as I have other alternates but if you want to give this daily then it should last for a month at least depends on the quantity you feed for the baby.
But remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.This 4-5 months baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your paediatrician before introducing any new food.
Homemade Rice Cereal - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Cooking Rice - 1/4 cup
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Measure and take rice.Rinse it well atleast 2-3 times then drain water.
- Transfer to a pan and start roasting.In few mins you can see it moisture free and start drying up.
- Keep roasting in low flame until it looks puffy and white.You can see the close look of the rice when its done.Switch off at this stage.
- Cool down, then transfer to a mixer and grind it as fine as possible, still you will get it slightly coarse only not in powdered form that is ok but make sure to grind it till you see a mildy coarse texture.
Let it cool down then store in a clean container.
- After washing the rice, you can even sundry it but I prefer roasting it as such.If you are sun drying it then make sure to keep it covered to avoid dust and insects.
- Don't let it brown, just roast in low flame.
- I used normal cooking rice we use, you can try with any other rice variety too.
- But always consult your paediatrician before introducing any new food.
- I powdered it in small mixer jar and it was nicely powdered more like our rice flour.I kept grinding it again and again to get that texture.
- If your cereal is little coarse then you need to cook for more time.
- You can store this in a clean jar for upto 3months.It comes handy during travel.
Labels: 4-5 months baby food recipes, Baby Food Recipes, Instant Mixes for Babies