I always wanted to try roasting vegetables directly in oven.All these days I used to parboil the vegetable then roast it in a doubt whether it will get cooked properly in oven.But after the new ovens arrival, I have been in experiment mode and on one such day this oven roasted broccoli happened.I have already posted oven roasted broccoli
but this is a alternate version.
Oven Roasted Broccoli - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Broccoli - 1 cup
Garlic paste - 1 heaped tsp
Freshly cracked Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp
Mixed Herbs - 1/2 tsp
Chilli Flakes - 1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Beverage | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Clean broccoli, cut it into small florets.Keep immersed in salted warm water.Drain water and let it dry for a while then add garlic paste,salt,1/4 tsp chilli flakes,1/4 tsppepper powder and mixed herbs.Preheat oven at 200 deg C.
- Toss it with broccoli.Lay silver foil in the baking tray and arrange the florets and bake in preheated oven for about 15-20mins.Turn over each floret in between so that it gets cooked evenly.Sprinkle 1/4 tsp chilli flakes and pepper powder while serving.
- Keeping immersed in salt water is to remove worms if any.
- Make sure you turn in between so that it gets cooked evenly.
- Keep an eye after 12mins, but let it to charred a bit here and there.
- You can do the same way for other vegetables like carrot,cauliflower,beans etc but timing will change accordingly.
Labels: Broccoli Recipes, carrot recipes