Andhra Style Raw Mango Chutney with step by step pictures!
Raw Mango Chutney with Moong Dal / Mamidikaya Pesara Pachadi is a Andhra special chutney made with raw mango,moong dal and red chillies as main ingredients.When Shymala from myhealthykiddo visited us last week
, she brought some homegrown goodies including raw mangoes.So few days back I made this chutney with one raw mango she gave to accompany with rice.I always love the tangy flavour very much so loved this chutney.
She gave me this artificail grass mat too which I have used here in the pics...Thank you so much Shyamala!
Andhra Style Raw Mango Chutney Recipe
Preparation Time:10 mins | Processing Time : 10 mins | Makes:1 cup
Raw Mango - 1/2 cup cubed
Split Moong Dal - 1/4 cup
Red Chillies - 4
Jeera - 1 tsp
Jaggery - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Raita | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Split Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - few
Red Chilli - 1
- Wash the raw mango, scrap the skin and chop them roughly.Measure dal and cubed raw mango and set aside.In a pan heat little oil,roast moong dal till golden,Set aside to cool.
- Add jeera and roast it, set aside.Then add red chilli, roast till crisp.Transfer to a mixer.
- Grind to a coarse mixture then add raw mango required salt and jaggery.Grind it to a coarse paste with little water.
- Now do the tadka, heat oil and add the items listed under 'to temper' let it splutter then add this to the chutney and mix it well.
Serve with pulao / rotis!
- It was a bit spicy for our taste buds so reduce red chillies if you want.
- Adding jaggery is optional but I recommend adding it.