Punjabi Garam Masala Powder is a blend of Indian Spices which can stored and used in cooking.From the day I started making garam masala powder
at home, I have never bought garam masala powder from shops, once or twice is an exception when I needed it in the rush hour.So when my batch of garam masala got over this time, I wanted to try a different version and chanced to see this punjabi version so immediately tried it and stored it.It is so flavourful and aromatic, I have already started using it in my cooking :)
Punjabi Garam Masala Powder - Ingredients
Cumin seeds - 1/2 cup
Cardamoms - 15
Black cardamoms - 5
Black peppercorns - 1/4 cup
Coriander seeds - 1/3 cup
Fennel seeds - 3 tbsp
Cloves - 2 tbsp
Cinnamon - 10 one inch piece
Bayleaves - 10
Nutmeg - 1 tsp grated
Dry Ginger Powder - 1 tsp
: 15 mins
| Cooking Time
: 10 mins
: 2 cups
| Recipe Cuisine
: Indian | Reference
: Tarla Dalal
- Measure and Get ready with all your ingredients.Rough tear bayleaf and add it to the pan.In a pan add all other ingredients except dry ginger powder and nutemeg.Roasted till golden brown.
- Cool down and transfer to a mixer jar.Add grated nutemeg and dry ginger powder.Grind it to a powder.
Cool down and store in an airtight container.
The punjabi version has more pepper and jeera so the garam masala powder has a darker shade but very aromatic.
- Slow roast all the ingredients, do not burn them.
- You can even sieve them and store.
- It keeps well for even a yr.Keep it refrigerated after 3months.