Butter Beans Kurma is a great side dish for Poori,Chapathi, Idli, Dosa etc.I made Butter Beans Masala
and Amma suggested me to make kurma with the remaining butter beans as its a great combo and yes it worked so well.The aroma was so good, the flavour butter beans lends to this kurma is just awesome.I made this kurma today to pair up with Tandoori Rotis
.This kurma method is very easy as we can put evrything together,pressure cook and your kurma is ready.
I used my Ultra pressure pan to make this kurma as it was easy and messfree too.
Butter Beans Kurma Recipe
Preparation Time:5 minutes | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves:3
Butter Beans - 1 cup
Big Onion - 1 small sized finely chopped
Tomato - 1 medium sized finely chopped
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 and 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - just to garnish
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
To temper:Oil - 3 tsp
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 1/2 inch piece
Garlic - 5 chopped roughly
To grind to a paste:Coconut - 3/4 cup
Cashews - 3 whole
Fennel Seeds - 1 heaped tsp
Poppy Seeds - 1 tsp
Fried Gram Dal - 1 tsp
- Remove butter beans from its shell, rinse it well and set aside.Grind the ingredients listed under 'to grind' with little water to a semi smooth paste,Set aside.
- In a pressure pan, heat oil - add the items listed under 'to temper' let it splutter.Then add onion saute till it becomes transparent then add tomatoes.
- Saute till mushy and raw smell leaves.Then add red chilli,coriander powders.Cook for 2mins.
- Add coconut paste along with 2 cups of water.Add turmeric powder.
- Let it simmer for a while till oil seperates.Add required salt.Add butter beans and Pressure cook for 2 whistles in low medium flame.
- Open and garnish with coriander leaves, Taste check and adjust salt if required.
Serve with hot rotis!
- You can adapt this kurma for any vegetable you like.
- Let the kurma boil well after coconut paste is added else the raw smell will retain.
- This kurma becomes thick, so adjust consistency accordingly.
Labels: butter beans recipes, Gravies for Rotis