This Homemade Instant Cerelac can be started once the baby starts 5 months(Check my notes)
.This recipe was given by my neighbour who happens to be mittus friends mother.She suggested me to have both the powders separately but I found mixing both gives more flavour and taste too as gugu liked this better.I usually make it as porridge heating and cooking for sometime but during travel I just add it to hot water and mix it.Here is how we can make porridge using this cereal mix
Check other baby food recipes
But remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.This 4-5 months baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your paediatrician before introducing any new food.
Poha Cereal Mix Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Makes: 1 cup
Aval(Poha/Rice flakes) - 2 cups(thin)
Fried Gram Dal(Pottukadalai) - 1 cup
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
*Note:I used thin poha which is advisable to use for babies at this stage.
- Measure and keep the ingredients ready.I used thin poha.Dry roast for few mins until it turns slightly crisp and nice aroma comes.Do not let the color change.
- Cool for few mins, then grind it to a fine powder,Set aside.In a pan dry roast gram dal till slightly golden,Let it cool then transfer to a mixer jar.
- Grind it to a fine powder.You can mix both the powders well with a spoon or sieve it once.
- Sieve it once,discard if any specks are found.Store the powder in an airtight container.
- Roasting is very important so roast in low heat without changing the color.
- I have used 1(poha):1/2(gram dal) but you can have even 1:1/4.
- Grind it as fine as possible and then sieve it.
- If you want to feed this porridge for babies under 5months then I suggest to cook for few mins and then feed.
Labels: 4-5 months baby food recipes, Baby Food Recipes, Instant Mixes for Babies