Jalfrezi is an Indian version of Chinese stir fry with vegetables and spices.I made this Vegetable Jalfrezi when I had veggies each of only little in hand, so thought to make a combined vegetable curry and hence this jalfrezi was an apt choice.This is perfect to stuff with kathi rolls
Other Jalfrezi Recipes:
Paneer Babycorn Jalfrezi
Veg Mushroom Jalfrezi Recipe
Preparation Time:15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves:2
Baby Corn - 1/3 cup(cut into thin long strips)
Mushroom - 1/2 cup
Big Onion - 1 small sized cut lengthwise
Capsicum - 1/3 cup((cut into thin long strips)
Tomato Sauce - 1 tbsp
Tomato puree* - from 2 medium sized tomatoes
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp(optional)
Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder - 1/4 tsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Salt - to taste
Kasoori Methi - 1/2 tsp crushed
Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North indian
Oil - 2 tsp
Jeera - 1/4 tsp
*Note : No need to blanch tomatoes, just puree 2 raw tomatoes
- Chop tomatoes roughly and puree it,Set aside.Chop all the veggies lengthwise and keep it ready.
- In a pan add onions fry till transparent, then add mushrooms saute for a minute then add carrot and baby corn.
- Add capsicum,saute for a minute.Cook for few mins until the veggies are sauted but still crisp,Remove from pan and Set aside.In a pan heat oil - add jeera let it crackle then add tomato puree.
- Add red chilli powder and garam masala powders mix well.Let it cook in low flame till raw smell of tomatoes leave.It will start to thicken.
- At this stage add the vegetables,add little water and cook covered for few mins.
- Finally add paneer, give a mix and let it cook for 2mins for the masalas to blend well.Add tomato sauce.Then garnish with coriander leaves,kasoori methi , stir once and switch off.
Serve hot / warm with roti or pulao or rice.
- The vegetables need to be crunchy so don't over cook.
- As my tomato sauce was slightly sweet, I didn't add any sugar.You can add a pinch of sugar while adding tomato sauce for a sweet tangy taste.
- You can make thin phulkas and stuff it with jalfrezi and roll it like frankie.
- You can add carrots or any other veggie of your choice.Or add chicken pieces too.
- Adjust quantity of water according to the consistency of the curry.
Labels: Baby Corn Recipes, carrot recipes