Rose Jelly was on to try list as mittu loves jellies.Though I don't buy jelly from stores for her,sometimes in parties or when neighbors /friends give jelly I cant say no to her.After using agar agar for a while now and getting beautiful results,I thought to make homemade jelly for my falooda.
Homemade jelly is not only cheap, its so tasty and also you get to know all the ingredients you are adding to make jelly so its safe to give kids.Mittu just loved it and was at the back of me asking for jelly :)
I made in bulk and stored as I had planned for making Falooda and reserved the rest for mittu to have it as such.
Homemade Rose Jelly Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Water- 1 and 1/2 cups + 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Rose Syrup - 2 tbsp
Red Rose Food Color - few drops
Agar Agar(China Grass) - 5gms
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Take 1 and 1/2 cups of water in a mixing bowl.Add rose syrup and pink food color.Mix well.
- Now add sugar,whisk it well until sugar completely dissolves,Set aside.In another bowl,cut agar agar into small bits.
- Rinse it once then add 1/2 cup and let it to boil.Boil until you see the strands completely dissolved.
- Strain to the bowl containing rose water mixture.Mix it well with whisk.
- Pour it in the tray/bowl where you want to set the jelly.Leave it undisturbed for 30mins.No need to keep in fridge it will setwell in room temperature itself.
- Cut into squares/or use cookie cutter to get cute desired shapes.I used a flower and heart shaped cutter.
- In the serving glass take chilled milk,add jelly cubes then add a scoop of icecream,Drizzle rose syrup and serve.
You can eat it as such or use it in any desserts ,puddings or cakes.I loved it to have with chilled milk and ofcourse falooda too.
- Agar Agar sets beautifully in room temperature itself.Butif you want you can refrigerate it.
- Be quick after agaragar mixture is poured,whisk it well then immediatelypour to set.
- I used homemade rose syrup which had sugar so 1/4 cup sugar was enough for me.But if you are using rose essence then you may need to add 1/2 cup sugar.
- You can use any flavour following this method.You can even add fruit purees.
- You can eat the jelly as such or add it to puddings / desserts and serve.