I tried this Wheat Cerelac recipe few weeks back.Actually I was looking for wheat biscuits recipe to feed gugu.I wanted biscuits to soak in water / milk to feed him especially during travel.So tried these as biscuits but as butter was less these were not soaking in water so had an idea and powdered them,when I tasted, I was surprised it tasted close to wheat cerelac. Yayyy I was feeling content after making this recipe though it was an unintentional effort :)
So thought to share this recipe as I have started to feed for my lil one.If you have already started feeding milk for your baby then mix with hot milk or you can use hot water and feed.I recommend this for babies over 6 months.
Check other baby food recipes
Please remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.These baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Wheat Cerelac Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Makes: 1 and 1/2 cups
Whole Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Chilled Butter - 1/4 cup
Panankalkandu(Palm Sugar Candy) powder - 1/4 cup
Milk - little less than1/4 cup
Recipe Category: Baby Food| Recipe Cuisine: Indian
For making cerelac:
Cerelac Mix - 2 tbsp
Hot Water - as needed
- Take palm sugar in a mixer jar, powder it fine.Measure 1 cup wheat flour and take it in a mixing bowl.
- Now add palm sugar candy powder.Mix well with a spoon.Measure chilled butter.
- Melt it and add it.
- Mix well so that it resembles bread crumbs then add milk and knead it.
- Knead it to a slightly stiff dough.Take a butter paper,keep the dough in between 2 sheets.Roll with a chapathi roller to a thin sheet.
- Prick with fork and cut into small squares.Lay butter paper on the baking tray,now carefully transfer the squares to the baking sheet.Bake in preheated oven for 15-20mins or until it gets browned.
- Look the edges baked and browned quickly(in 12mins itself),so I collected them in a plate and baked the rest for the remaining time.Cool down the biscuits completely.
- Take it in a mixer jar and grind it,scrap the sides and grind till you get a semi coarse mixture.Spread it in a plate and cool down and then store.
- Take wheat cerelac powder in a bowl,add hot water to it,keep adding till you reach the desired consistency.
This will keep well atleast for a month.
- You may not require the entire 1/4 cup milk, add till it comes together.
- While rolling, make sure to roll it thin.
- The biscuits should be crisp, only then the shelf life will be more.
- If the biscuits are soft and chewy then while powdering you may not get a fine dry powder.So make sure to bake the biscuits until browned and crispy.
Labels: Baby Food Recipes, Instant Mix for Babies, Instant Mixes for Babies