This is instant khichdi for babies using homemade khichdi mix.This is very handy during travel.I usually feed this at home too at times with any vegetable puree.It is almost equivalent to our paruppu sadam, so its wholesome. Gugu survived on this rice dal khichdi and poha cereal
during our trips to Kodaikanal
.I took an induction with me and made the porridges in the hotel room.
This is ideal to start for babies who have completed 6 months.
Check other baby food recipes
But remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.These baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your paediatrician before introducing any new food.
Rice Dal Khichdi Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Makes: 1 feed
Khichdi Mix - 2 tbsp
Water - 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup
Salt - to taste
Ghee - 1/8 tsp(optional)
Carrot - 1 small
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
*Note:Please adjust the quantity as per your baby needs.
- Wash carrot well.Trim both the edges,peel off the skin and chop into small pieces.
- Add water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.You can open cook in a vessel too.Add salt if you are adding.
- Boil water, add cereal mix and whisk it well to avoid lumps.
- Cook in low flame.It will become thick.Add ghee and keep cooking.Add salt if you are adding.
- Cook till it comes together like a porridge.You can see the consistency here.
- It will thick, taste and chek whether the mixture is soft.If its still not cooked add little more water and cook until soft.Once cooked,Set aside to cool.Take cooked carrots in a mixer and puree it with little water.
- Add the khichdi to the serving bowl, add carrot puree and mix well.Add little ghee if desired.
Serve warm immediately.
- Add more water
- You can add any other vegetable too.Carrot,Peas,Beans are the options.
- Feed instantly.
- You can add 1/8 tsp ghee while feeding too.For babies below 6 months add ghee cook and feed.For babies over 6 months you can add ghee directly to the cooked porridge and feed.
- It gets thick with time so switch off accordingly.
Labels: 6 months baby food recipes, Baby Food Recipes, Baby Porridge Recipes