I happened to see this Aloo Raita in a restaurant menu card in the raita section, so wanted to try this at home.I just tried it simple with just spice powders with a pinch of sugar but tasted great with phulka
, came out above my expectations.It is a no cook version so takes just few mins to put it up together,makes a delicious combination for lunch/ dinner.
Check out more raita recipes :
Aloo Raita Recipe
Preparation Time:10 mins | Processing Time : 10 mins | Makes:1 cup
Thick Curd - 1 cup
Aloo - 1 small cubed
Sugar - 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala Powder - 1/4 tsp
Roasted Jeera Powder - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp(optional)
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Raita | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Pressure cook potato for 3-4 whistles until soft but not too mushy.You should be able to cut into cubes thats the correct stage.Set it aside.Measure and take curd in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk it well.Add red chilli powder,chat masala powder,roasted jeera powder and required salt and a pinch of sugar.
- I added little more sugar.Mix well.Now add cubed potatoes and coriander leaves.Mix well.
Serve with a sprinkle of red chilli powder and garnish with coriander leaves.Serve with pulao / rotis!
- You can even use black salt instead of normal salt.
- Use thick curd else the raita would become watery.
- Refrigerate until serving time else the curd will give a sour taste.
- Though I have given sugar as optional, I recommend adding it if you like tangy taste.
Labels: raita recipes, Raitas