Carrot Potato Beetroot Puree can be started once the baby completes 6 months.I have already posted carrot potato puree
but this is with 3 combination veggies.This is one puree which gugu liked very much, as its with 3 combination of veggies it is tasty.
Please remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.These baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Check other baby food recipes
Carrot Potato Beetroot Puree Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves: 1 feed
Carrot - 1
Potato - 1/2 from a small potato
Beetroot - 1/4 from a medium sized beetroot
Water - as needed
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Wash the veggies.I took 1 small carrot,1/2 from a small potato and 1/4 beetroot.Trim the edges,peel the skin and chop them into small cubes.
- Rinse them again.Take in a pan add water.
- Cook covered until they are soft, if you mash it with a spoon it should easily mash.
- At this stage switch off.Seperate the water and puree the veggies, I used a blender.
- Add the cooked water and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Cook the veggies until it is soft, just press and see to check if it has cooked.
- Cook covered to retain the nutrients.
- You can add salt if you prefer.
- When choosing potatoes, get firm, white variety. And carrots and beets should be sweet and firm.
- The texture of the puree is purely your preference, I used a blender to get tiny chunky pieces here and there as he likes it that way.As he is 10months old now, I prefer that way too.
- You can even use a mixie to get a smooth creamy puree.
- Your baby's poop will be red in colour after having this puree.Do not panic seeing that, it is because of the beets.
- Make fresh puree.I don't recommend freezing aby baby food purees.
- You can feed this twice a week.
Labels: 6 months baby food recipes, Baby Food Recipes, carrot recipes, Puree Recipes