This Dry Fruit and Nut Kheer is very rich and delicious.It is very easy to make..milk thickened with crunchy dry fruits and nuts makes this kheer unique and tasty.As its Ramzan week thought to post this easy kheer recipe.I wanted to try this kheer last year itself but somehow got missed so today made this for posting.
Easy and tasty Dry Fruit and Nut Kheer ready in minutes.Only the milk reducing part takes time else it will be quick to make if you have powdered nuts in hand.I always have nuts powder as I make in bulk and store, use a tsp for making kheer / rabdi.
Dry Fruit Nut Ladoo Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Milk - 1 and 1/2 cups
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Figs - 4
Raisins - 10
Condensed Milk - 2 tbsp
Badam,Cashews,Pista - 1/4 cup powdered
Pista - 5 whole chopped
Melted Ghee - 1 tsp
Saffron - a pinch
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
*Note: I used Cashew, Badam and Pista
- Toast nuts till its slightly browned.Then grind it to a coarse powder.I made it in bulk to store.I measured 1/4 nuts powder and used it here.
- Take milk in pan.Boil till it reduces a little.
- Then add saffron strands,sugar and let it boil for a good 10 mins in sim.
- Now add condensed milk and nuts powder.Keep cooking in low flame.Scrap the sides and keep mixing to avoid burning at the bottom.
- Chop figs into small pieces.Heat ghee in a tadka pan,add raisins and chopped figs fry for a minute.
- Then add it to the milk nuts mixture.Keep cooking.
- At one stage it will thicken and coat the laddle.Thats the right stage.Switch off.Garnish with chopped nuts and serve chilled.
- The measures are just given roughly, it can be modified according to your preference.There is no perfect measures for this recipe, so feel free to plus or minus the quantity of nuts and dry fruits.
- I added chopped nuts just for the crunch, you can skip that too.
- You can add chopped dates too.
- While grinding, don't overgrind as it will become pastey so just grind it coarsely.
Labels: ramzan recipes