Popsicles are my favorite, if you are a regular reader you might have very well understood about my craziness for popsicle moulds.I saw this tupperware mickey popsicle moulds
last year and had been eyeing this since then and finally bought it this summer. I was first doubtful whether it would be difficult to demould becos of the lid but these cuties proved me wrong..... It was so easy to demould, comes out clean everytime, also I loved the individual serving idea.I used homemade jelly, you can use readymade pack too.
Jelly Custard Popsicles Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Makes : 4
Full Cream Milk - 1 and 1/2 cups
Vanilla Custard powder - 1 and 1/2 tbsp
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Jelly - 1/2 cup cubed
Cardamom powder - a pinch (optional)
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Boil milk(reserve a tbsp of milk) for 5mins until its bubbles up nicely.Simmer and then add sugar.Mix well.
- To a tbsp of milk add custard powder, mix well to form a runny paste without any lumps.Add this to simmering milk.
- Keep cooking ,slowly it will get thick.
- Cook in low flame and keep mixing so that there are no lumps.At one stage the custard will nicely form a thick coating, it will coat the laddle like this, it should be thick as shown below.At this stage, switch off and cool down completely.
- Now take your jelly cubes and add it to the custard mixture.Mix gently.
- Spoon the mixture into your favorite popsicle mould till 3/4th.
- Close with lids and freeze atleast for 6-8 hrs.I freezed it overnight.Then carefully show the bottom part in running tap water, set aside undisturbed for atleast 2-3mins then slowly pull out the lid.
- This custard tends to thicken with time, so switch off when its still goey to get the right consistency.
- Cool down the custard fully before pouring it into the mould.
- After the jelly is added the mixture will become little runny so make sure the cooked custard is thickish.
- I used rose jelly here, you can use any of your favorite flavour too.
Labels: Custard powder desserts, popsicles