Kesar Badam Mix Recipe - Healthy Badam Mix Recipe

Kesar Badam Mix Recipe
I love badam mix and have it once in a while but only chilled, hubby loves it hot.Usually I buy a pack of badam mix during summers, this time I made it at home.this badam mix recipe was given to me by my friend,she asked me to try this as its healthy and can be given to kids too.I will sure post another version of badam mix with sugar, probably soon.

I made this and enjoyed it for about a month, very handy to mix and serve.
Kesar Badam Mix Recipe

Kesar Badam Mix Recipe

Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Makes : 3/4 cup
Recipe Category: Dip | Recipe Cuisine: World

Almonds(Badam) - 1/2 cup
Palm Sugar Candy(Panankarkandu) - 1/3 cup
Saffron - 10 strands
Cardamom powder -1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp

Method:

  1. Boil 1 cup water,when it starts to boil rigorously measure and add badams.Let it cook for 3mins.Switch off and rinse it in cold water.
    Kesar Badam Mix Recipe
  2. Now remove the skin, it will easily peel off.You know who did it for me?! Yes mittu neatly peeled the skin for all the almonds.Toast it in tawa until moisture leaves and is slightly golden.Set aside to cool.
    Kesar Badam Mix Recipe
  3. Now take pal suga candy in a mixer jar,toast saffron for few seconds add it along with cardamom powder and turmeric powder.
    Kesar Badam Mix Recipe
  4. Grind it to a smooth powder, then add toasted badams and grind it for few seconds until it looks like bread crumbs in texture.
    Kesar Badam Mix Recipe
  5. Do not grind it more else it will become like a paste.Cool down then store.For badam mix take 2-3 tsp of badam mix.
    Kesar Badam Mix Recipe
  6. Add hot boiled milk,stir with a spoon.Serve hot.
    Kesar Badam Mix Recipe
You can even have it with chilled milk.
Kesar Badam Mix Recipe

My Notes:

Kesar Badam Mix Recipe