I love badam mix and have it once in a while but only chilled, hubby loves it hot.Usually I buy a pack of badam mix during summers, this time I made it at home.this badam mix recipe was given to me by my friend,she asked me to try this as its healthy and can be given to kids too.I will sure post another version of badam mix with sugar, probably soon.
I made this and enjoyed it for about a month, very handy to mix and serve.
Kesar Badam Mix Recipe
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Makes : 3/4 cup
Almonds(Badam) - 1/2 cup
Palm Sugar Candy(Panankarkandu) - 1/3 cup
Saffron - 10 strands
Cardamom powder -1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Recipe Category: Dip | Recipe Cuisine: World
- Boil 1 cup water,when it starts to boil rigorously measure and add badams.Let it cook for 3mins.Switch off and rinse it in cold water.
- Now remove the skin, it will easily peel off.You know who did it for me?! Yes mittu neatly peeled the skin for all the almonds.Toast it in tawa until moisture leaves and is slightly golden.Set aside to cool.
- Now take pal suga candy in a mixer jar,toast saffron for few seconds add it along with cardamom powder and turmeric powder.
- Grind it to a smooth powder, then add toasted badams and grind it for few seconds until it looks like bread crumbs in texture.
- Do not grind it more else it will become like a paste.Cool down then store.For badam mix take 2-3 tsp of badam mix.
- Add hot boiled milk,stir with a spoon.Serve hot.
You can even have it with chilled milk.
- Do not grind more, it will become pastey.
- Cool down completely before you store.
- Refrigerate it and it will keep well for atleast 3 months.
- You can replace panankarkandu with white sugar too,in that case add 1/4 cup.
- Roasting kesar gives more flavour but roasting is optional.