Rice Pakoda or Rice Pakora is a great snack idea and also to finish off the leftover rice.I made this pakoda when I had leftover rice,amma asked me to make vadams
but since the day was gloomy and dull,I understood it was not the right day to dry vadams.So changed my mind to make these rice pakodas and yes I wanted to have a post too :D
Rice Pakoda Recipe
Preparation Time:10 mins | Processing Time : 10 mins | Serves:2
Leftover Rice - 2 cups
Gram Flour - 2 tbsp
Rice Flour - 1 tbsp
Big Onion - 1/4 cup chopped finely
Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp
Recipe Category: Snack| Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Mint Leaves - 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - to deep fry
- Take rice in a mixing bowl,mash it well with a laddle.
- Now add all other ingredients except oil mix well first then add little water and mix with a spoon,mash it and mix.
- Now form small balls and drop the mixture into preheated oil.Cook in low medium flame.
- Deep fry until golden brown.Drain in tissue paper and serve hot!Repeat this for the rest of mixture.
Serve hot with tea!
- I like my pakoda to be textured so I didn't grind it mixie.
- If you want smooth pakodas then you can grind it in mixie.
- Adding rice flour gives crispy texture.
- Be patient and fry the pakodaa until golden brown.
Labels: leftover rice recipes, Teatime snacks