is very similar to Hakka Noodles with the addition of schezwan sauce which makes the dish fiery hot.I made schezwan sauce few weeks back so wanted to make use of it so made this today.I always have dreamed about owning this cast iron skillet
, was very happy when hubby bought this from his US trip.And finally today inaugurated the pan :) More recipes and feedback about this skillet coming soon as its very early to comment now.
Schezwan / Sichuan / Szechuan is a style of Chinese cuisine originating from Sichuan province in southwestern China.Schezwan Sauce has bold flavours,especially the pungency and spiciness resulting from liberal use of garlic and chilies[Source : Wikipedia]
Check out other Noodles Recipes:
Chinese Veg Noodles
Schezwan Veg Noodles
Schezwan Egg Noodles Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Hakka Noodles - 1/2 packet(75 gms)
Carrot - 1/8 cup chopped lengthwise
Cabbage - 1/4 cup chopped lengthwise
Capsicum - 1/4 cup chopped lengthwise
Garlic chopped - 2 tsp
Schezwan sauce - 1 tbsp
Spring Onion(white part) - 1 tsp
Spring Onion(green part) - 1 tbsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Boil water , add hakka noodles and cook with required salt.Cook until noodles turn soft yet firm enough to bite into.Don't msuh it up.Rinse it immediately in cold water to avoid the noodles from further cooking.Drain water using a colander.
- Add a tsp of oil and toss the noodles to avoid sticking,Set aside.Get ready with your schezwan sauce
- In a pan heat oil - add chopped garlic and spring onion white part, saute for a minute.Keep the flame in medium high flame - Now add chopped cabbage first and saute for few mins till raw smell leaves, then add chopped carrot, saute for few mins then finally add capsicum and give a quick stir.
- Add schezwan sauce,required salt and pepper powder.Saute and cook for 3-5mins.
- Finally add cooked noodles and give a toss.Toss till the sauce and veggies coat the noodles evenly.
- In another pan scramble an egg.
- Scramble it until its shredded well.Add the scrambled egg to the noodles,cook for 2 mins.Finally add spring onion green part.Switch off.mm
Serve hot with your choice of side dish or any manchurian.
- This doesn't require much oil as the schezwan sauce already has good amount of oil in it.
- If you prefer add 1/8 tsp soya sauce.
- Use freshly ground pepper for a great flavour.
- You can even add eggs along with veggies,scramble then add noodles finally.
- Sauteing the veggies in high flame gives a nice smoky flavour and also helps retain its crunchiness without the raw smell.
- Cook noodles perfectly not too mushy or undercook it.It should be soft yet slightly crunchy enough to bite.
- Make sure to toss the noodles in oil to avoid sticking.
- If you don't have schezwan sauce in hand, for a instant version add red chillies, ginger and garlic along with little water and grind it to a fine paste.Along with garlic and spring onions add this paste and saute till raw smell leaves.