I wanted to try Baby Corn Pakoda after seeing it in a restaurant menu card.Today I tried it just like how we make onion pakoda and it turned out so crispy, perfect to munch during teatime.Baby Corn Pakoda with Tea watching a favorite movie ...what else do u need?! :)
Baby Corn Pakoda Recipe
Preparation Time:10 minutes | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves:2
Baby Corn - 5
Besan Flour - 2 tbsp
Rice Flour - 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Mint Leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped
Salt - to taste
Oil - to deep fry
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Trim the edges from baby corn,rinse it well.Take a baby corn and slit it vertically into 4 as shown below.
- Then cut into thin strips,repeat this for the rest too.Take chopped baby corn in a mixing bowl along with rice flour,besan flour,mint leavs,red chilli powder and required salt.Mix well with a spoon.
- Now sprinkle few drops of water and mix well, You may need just 1 -2 tbsp only.It should be slightly sticky not too moist, this is the correct consistency,heat oil and add the mixture to the preheated oil in a sprinkled way such that it is scattered.
- Add it in batches.Do not overcrowd,Deep fry in low medium flame.
- Fry until crisp and golden brown. Drain in tissue paper.Deep fry rest of the batch too.
- Add sufficient oil in the kadai for baby corn to be well immersed in oil while frying.
- Do not add more water, jut sprinkle it.
Labels: Baby Corn Recipes