This Chocolate Makhana was an experiment which turned out to be quite good.I had just the last 1 cup of makhana to be used up and I was craving for something chocolatey so ended up making this Chocolate Makhana.Though this is not ideal to store (as it becomes chewy after sometime), it works as a great instant snack for kids.Try this and let me know the feedback.
I used Hersheys Special Dark Cocoa and the sauce was so good in flavour, mittu loved it so much.This sauce should work great as frosting for cakes too.The sauce
turned out to be the best fudgy sauce so I have given a detailed post for it.
Chocolate Makhana Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 5 mins | Makes : 1 cup
Phool Makhana - 1 cup
Cane Sugar - 1/4 cup
Choco Chips - 1 tbsp
Coco Powder - 1 tsp(I used Hersheys Special Dark)
Butter - 1 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
- Take ghee in a pan, add makhana roast it until golden brown , taste check one if its crispy then its done,if its chewy then roast for few more seconds.Set aside.
- Now take butter,cane sugar,coco powder and choco chips in a the pan and heat it up until it melts and bubbles.It will take just 2minutes or so.
- Once it becomes saucy,thick and creamy like shown below, switch off.
- I took the little sauce in a bowl for drizzling, now add roasted makhana and toss it.
- Spread it in tray having butter paper.Transfer the chocolate makhanas to it and let it cool for sometime.Now drizzle the chocolate sauce over it.Enjoy!
- This stays crispy for an hour or so after that it becomes little chewy so its better to serve immediately or within an hr.
- Roast makhana until crisp.
Labels: chocolate recipes, phool makhana recipes