I tried these Butterscotch Muffins today and they turned out soo good that I couldn't wait to post it.I had half the pack of butterscotch chips that I bought long back so wanted to use it up before the expiry so muffins were my choice.The butterscotch chips we get here are sticky and sugary and I know that these are not the original ones but still I love them though it spreads a bit while baking, gives a nice aroma and flavour to the baked goodies.The ones I see online are more like choco chips which are the actual butterscotch chips I guess..if you get your hands on it do try these muffins.
I tried this with half and half of wheat flour and maida.The muffins were not dense as it always happens with whole wheat bakes, tasty and perfect to go for your kids snack box or for evening afterschool snacks
Eggless Butterscotch Muffins Recipe
Preparation Time:15 mins | Baking Time : 25 mins | Makes:8 medium sized muffins
Maida - 1/2 cup
Whole Wheat Flour - 1/2 cup
Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
Butterscotch Chips - 1/4 cup
Recipe Category: Cakes | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Warm Water - 3/4 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Granulated White Sugar - 1/4 cup heaped
Vinegar - 1/2 tbsp
Butterscotch Essence - 1 tsp
Cooking Oil - 3 tbsp
- In a mixing bowl, add warm water, then add sugar and then oil.
- Whisk it well until sugar dissolves completely.Then add butterscotch essence,then add milk.
- Then finally add vinegar and set aside.Take whole wheat flour, baking soda, sieve it twice for even mixing.
- Now add the flour mixture,whisk it well to form a smooth creamy flowing batter.Whisk well to avoid lumps.Now coat the butterscotch chips with a tsp of flour.
- Add the butterscotch chips, mix gently.Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Spoon the batter.
- Line muffin liners in your muffin pan and keep it ready, now add the batter till 3/4 th of the liner and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 mins or until the top turns golden.Insert a tooth pick in the center to check, if it comes out clean then your muffins are done.
Cool down then store.
- I used half and half , you can use fully maida or fully wheat flour too.
- The batter should be flowing and little runny.
- You can use 1/2 tbsp lemon juice to replace vinegar.
- I got 8 medium sized muffins as my muffin liners were a bit small.
- You can even bake this cake in a cake mold / loaf pan in that case it may take more time to bake may be 35-40mins.Timing may vary..so plus or minus 5mins according to your oven.
- Keep an eye after 20mins and bake accordingly.
- These nicely puffs up, so pour only till 3/4th.
Labels: butterscotchchips, Eggless Baking, Eggless Cakes, eggless muffins