I saw this Maida Sweet Seedai for quite sometime in Nithis space and wanted to try as she said it is easy and no burst seedai recipe,which is what I wanted.This easy seedai recipe is a must try for last minute preparations too.I have already posted maida uppu seedai
, please check it but this one is even more easier as it involves no steam cooking and preparationof the flour.
This seedai is crunchy and soft inside, not too crispy. I loved it and I tell its super addictive that I couldn't stop when I started eating ;)
Maida Sweet Seedai
Maida - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup(You may not need fully)
Cooking Soda - 1/8 tsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
Oil - for deep frying
| Cooking Time
: 10 mins
| Recipe Cuisine
: South Indian
- Take sugar in a mixer jar, powder it fine,Set aside.In a mixing bowl add ghee.
- Add cooking soda,then add powdered sugar and maida.
- Mix well with your fingers for even mixing.Then add cardamom powder.
- Add milk little by little to form a slightly sticky dough.Bring it together and knead it to form a slightly goey sticky dough.
- Pinch a small portion of the dough and form small balls like shown below.Make the balls and spread them in a dry cloth.Similarly make balls till you finish the entire dough.Heat oil in a pan, carefully drop few balls and deep fry it.It will slightly grow in size.Cook in low medium flame.
- Keep rolling for even cooking.Cook in low medium flame.Deep fry till golden brown.Drain in tissue paper,cool down then store.
Store in airtight container.
- You may not need the entire 1/4 cup milk , so add little by little to form the dough.The dough shouldn't be tight.
- You can add 1/2 tsp sesame seeds too.
- Roll gently, do not give pressure while rolling.
- It is mildy sweet.
- Roll and cook for even frying.
- As sugar is added it may get browned soon so cook in low flame.
Labels: seedai recipes