is my all time favorite.Few weeks back I made palada payasam and wanted to make with it as I have already tried it
and it got over even before I clicked.So this time I made it for posting sake and clicked it
.This method of payasam making was suggested to me by my friend Ganga and it is sure a keeper to try for all payasam recipes.Thank you so much Ganga.
As Onam is round the corner thought of posting this easy Palada Pradhaman Recipe.
This version is quick and rich to be made. This time I used the left over readymade ada for the payasam, you can make homemade ada too.
Check other version of palada pradhaman.You can check the traditional ada pradhaman payasam
Palada Payasam Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Rice Ada - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 cups (1/2 liter)
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Ghee - 1 tsp
Cardamom powder - a pinch (optional)
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Take a pressure cooker put the stand add water then place the vessel containing milk on it.Put a spoon inside the vessel(this is to avoid milk overflowing).
- Close with a lid then close the pressure cooker and cook with whistle in lowest flame for 20 mins.After 20mins switch off and allow the pressure to release by itself.Meanwhile measure and take ada.
- Soak in hot water for atleast 15mins, then rinse it well and keep it ready.Now open the pressure cooker, you can see the milk having a slight ivory color, the aroma itself will be so tempting.
- Now remove the spoon and pour this milk to the pressure cooker directly and heat it up.Add ada.
- Cook until it becomes soft, then add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Cook for 5 more mins in low flame or until it reaches a thick creamy consistency.Switch off.Serve it hot / cold as per your preference.
Serve hot / warm.I love it chilled!
- This payasam tends to thicken with time, add milk at the time of serving.
- You can even add cashews fried in ghee and add it.
- Adding spoon or a plate will avoid milk from overflowing.
- Cool down the payasam fully before pouring it into the mould.
- If you feel the payasam to be thick, just add in little milk while serving.
- You can serve it warm or cold - I love it cold :)