Khoya Modak is one of the easy modak recipes that you can try for this Ganesh Chaturthi 2016.With just 3 main ingredients, it turns out so delicious.Mittu who is not fond of nuts loved it.We suaulyl make the outer covering of modak using rice flour and this is made with unsweetened khoya.It has a melth in the mouth texture , this khoya modak is nothing but milk peda modak :D.It will be unique and cute to share among friends and neighbors too, so you can make a small batch and include in your Ganesh Chaturthi food spread.
Check out Ganesh Chaturthi Recipes here
Check out Sundal Recipes here
More Modak recipes
Khoya Modak Recipe
Preparation Time:15 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Makes:9 small modaks
Unsweetened Khoya - 1 cup
Mixed nuts* / Nuts Powder - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Saffron - 5 strands
Warm milk - 1 tbsp
Ghee - to grease
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Mixed Nuts * - I used Cashew,Badam and Pista
- Grate Khoya, measure 1 cup and set aside.In a mixer jar add sugar.
- Powder it.Now add nuts and blend to a coarse dry mixture.
- Add cardamom powder to nuts mixture mix well and set aside.In a tbsp of warm milk soak saffron and set aside.
- Now take grated khoya in a sauce pan,add powdered sugar to it.Heat it up and Keep cooking.The khoya will first melt.
- Keep cooking, add saffron milk.
- It will become goey, cook for 2 mins then add nuts powder.
- Keep cooking untill it comes together as a mass.It took me around 5 mins totally till this step.Cool down then bring the mixture with your hands.Now take your mould,grease it with ghee.
- Fill both the sides of the mould with khoya nuts mixture.Trim the extras.
- Now close it.Hold tight for 2 seconds.
- Now gently open.Carefully remove the modaks to a plate.Sprinkle nuts mixture and serve.
- I used Cashew,Badam and Pista.You can use any nuts of your choice.
- You can even toast the nuts and powder it.
- Make sure the khoya mixture comes together before you switch off else you cannot shape it.
- If it doesnt come together,cook for few more mins.
- I used unsweetened khoya form nilgris which was dark in color as you can see.You can use homemade too.
- You can even stuff it up with dryfruits nuts mixture.
Labels: Modak Recipes, Vinayagar Chathurthi Recipes