This Pineapple Pulao was in my mind since I tried Kashmiri Pulao.This Pineapple Pulao is another take or short route to the traditional Kashmiri Pulao.If you like mildly sweet pulao recipes then this is just for you.I made this for amma as she loves such pulaos with fruits and nuts.
And this bowl was gifted to me by Shyamala of myhealthykiddo
and I so love this bowl :) Thanks a lot Shyamala for all those thoughful gifts!
Pineapple Pulao Recipe
Preparation Time:30 mins | Cooking Time : 25mins | Serves:2
Basmati Rice - 1/2 cup
Water - 1 cup
Milk - 1 tbsp
Saffron - a tiny pinch(5-6 strands)
Big Onion - 1 medium chopped lengthwise
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Ghee - 1 tsp + 1 tsp
Cinnamon - one 1/4 inch piece
Cloves - 1
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Star Anise - 1/2
Fruits & Dry Fruits & Nuts:
Pineapple - 1/2 cup chopped
Almonds - 3 tbsp
Tutti Frutti - 1/4 cup
- Get ready with all your ingredients.Soak saffron in a tbsp of warm milk,Set aside.Soak basmati rice in water for atleast 20mins,Set aside.
- After 20mins, drain water from the rice add saffron milk along with spices.Add water.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles or until rice is done.Switch off,let the pressure release bu itself.Slowly open and fluff it up with a fork.Add ghee.
- Add required salt,mix well and set aside.Take pineapple in a pan,add sugar and cook covered for 10mins.
- When it becomes a bit soft,switch off.Add a tsp of ghee toast almonds,then tutti frutti.Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan - add jeera,let it crackle then add onion fry till transparent then add cooked saffron rice.
- Now add pineapple,tutti frutti,almonds and toss it well.
Your Pineapple pulao is ready to be served.
- If you dont want the spices to come while eating then discard them after cooking the rice.
- Dont add pineapple while rice is hot it will leave out water.
- You can even add fried onions.
- Choose pineapple that is just ripe, the pieces should not be mushy.
- You can skip jeera while tempering and add roasted jeera powder too.
- Presoaking rice not only cooks the rice faster, it gives nice soft fluffy rice.
- The pulao is mildly sweet.
- The addition of tutti frutti adds a nice twist to this rice.
Labels: pineapple recipes, rice recipes, Rice Varieties, variety rice