This Raw Banana Porridge can be started for babies after 6 months.This porridge is very healthy and filling for babies.Nendran Banana / Ethaka powder porridge is a traditional baby food in Kerala,it is considered one of the best weight gaining porridge recipes.I got this powder and porridge recipe from my neighbour.
Check other baby food recipes
Check other porridge recipes
Please remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.Always consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Raw Banana Porridge for Babies Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Makes: 1 cup
Raw Banana Porridge Mix - 2 heaped tsp
Water - about 3/4 cup
Unrefined Cane Sugar - 2 tsp
Recipe Category: Baby Food| Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Take cane sugar in a bowl,add water preferable hot water.
- Mix well,break the lumps and Set aside.Take porridge mix in a sauce pan, add water.
- Whisk it well.Now strain cane sugar mixture to remove impurities.
- Whisk it well.Till this stage do it off the stove.Now heat it up an cook in low flame.It will start to thicken as you can see.
- Cook in low flame till it reaches a thick porridge consistency,it should coat the laddle.At this stage switch off.
- Amma suggested to roast the powder for a while then add water and cook it so nowadays I am doing that.
- As we are making powder using raw banana, cook in sim for more time to avoid stomach upset.
- For sweetner, you can either add palm sugar or jaggery syrup too.
- You can even add karupatti(Palm Jaggery) syrup.
- You can even add a drop of ghee which is optional.
Labels: Baby Food Recipes, Baby Porridge Recipes